Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joel Ching

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2014
Hi, Can someone help me in this? I just change my Iphone 4s to Iphone 5s. The thing is that Iphone 5 comes with some free apps from Apple (Imovie, GarageBand and others). When I sync my phone to my 4s settings, some of the free apps disappear. How to get them back to the phone. Thanks.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Hi, Can someone help me in this? I just change my Iphone 4s to Iphone 5s. The thing is that Iphone 5 comes with some free apps from Apple (Imovie, GarageBand and others). When I sync my phone to my 4s settings, some of the free apps disappear. How to get them back to the phone. Thanks.

There are 2 options:

1. Go into the App Store in your iPhone 5S and re-download iMovie, GarageBand etc. They should be available for free download, as long as you are using the same Apple ID as you had when your 5S was new.

2. Alternatively, connect your iPhone to iTunes. Select your phone on the left hand pane and then click on "Apps" tab at the top. Checkbox the apps you wish to add (i.e. iMovie, GarageBand...) and hit the "sync" button on the bottom right of your screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.