Apps from iTouch to iPad???

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MelissaMom, Nov 9, 2010.

1. MelissaMom macrumors newbie

I just received a new iPad and am wondering how to load the apps I've purchased on my iTouch onto it. Or is this even possible? I'm using the same iTunes account for all of it, the only thing that's a little screwy right now is that our main computer where we have years of music, etc. and where I have synced my iTouch is in the shop. So I started the iPad using a different computer at home.

I'd love to know if these apps I've purchased can be put on the iPad and how to do it. So happy to find these forums on my first day with my iPad. Thanks!

blessings,
    melissa

2. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Hey it's really simple. Just log into the App Store with the same account you downloaded your apps with, it will ask you to repurchase, say that you've already downloaded it and to download again click ok, then it downloads! You can do this on 5 devices with your apps.

3. MelissaMom thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you SO MUCH!!! I knew it would be quick and easy for someone besides me:D

4. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

No worries, and have fun, my iPad wont ht my lap for 26 more days, my fiance is being to stingy with my bday gifts! lol

Enjoy your iPad!

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Actually, there's no limit to the number of devices you can put your apps on. Five is the number of *computers* that can be authorized to use the same iTunes account.

6. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

:D
    You sure??? Just asking not looking for a debate, I would just rather quote something correct in the future :D

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Positive. You have to authorize computers each time you get a new one. We've had to dig up some of our older computers just so we could deauthorize them so we could authorize new ones. It's a pain keeping track of them. iDevices, on the other hand, we never have to think about - just think, there's no procedure in place to authorize/deauthorize each iDevice.