Apps guarantee ?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by infomark, Oct 16, 2008.

1. infomark macrumors newbie

Go Apps have a guarantee? If you download an app and you are not happy with it do you have any recourse?

2. JamesFoote macrumors regular

JamesFoote

At the moment, no. But in the future we might see something similar to that :)

3. brasskey macrumors regular

Don't think so buddy. If you're that concerned about it, read the reviews in depth before spending a buck or two. That's kind of like saying, "I don't like this mp3 I just bought and downloaded from iTunes, Amazon, Napster, etc. I think I'll return it." Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to get your money back on an app that sucks, but I'm not sure it will ever happen.

4. firewood macrumors 604

Read the "Terms of Sale" and "Terms of Service" for the iTunes App store (bottom of the page). Apps may also have a separate EULA. Check the apps website.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

There is absolutely no app guarantee at almost all brick and mortar stores. Why would there be here?

Don't get me wrong, I prefer to try apps out before I buy if possible.

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It's been this way on software since before software was called software. Buy a book and decide you don't like it and return it for a refund.

7. firewood macrumors 604

Vanishingly few non-embedded software applications can be fully guaranteed. The reason is that only a few top academic experts (Knuth, etc.) can write useful code that can be proved to contain zero bugs. Almost no other normal humans can do that for any fully featured and decent sized app. So every app you buy is almost guaranteed to have bugs, maybe just ones you haven't found yet.

Basically, you've got to check the reviews, and then take a risk if the number or frequency of reported problems seems low enough.