Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prmccarron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2009
Hi,
I have an iPod touch, and I was wondering how to get rid of some of Apple's preinstalled apps, like Stocks and Maps. Is their anyway to get rid of them without jailbreaking? Thanks.

1ofthedavids

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
Hi,
I have an iPod touch, and I was wondering how to get rid of some of Apple's preinstalled apps, like Stocks and Maps. Is their anyway to get rid of them without jailbreaking? Thanks.

Plain and simply put, no. Throw them on your last page to get them out of the way, that's what I did.

pcs are junk

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2009
if you jailbreak you can delete them. i was fooling around one time and erased every ipod application on my ipod for fun =D. all i saw was the black wallpaper and the silver dock when i respringed. had to restore =D lol.

sOwL

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2007
Nerd Cave
if you jailbreak you can delete them. i was fooling around one time and erased every ipod application on my ipod for fun =D. all i saw was the black wallpaper and the silver dock when i respringed. had to restore =D lol.

Lol, you must have some free time at your hands :p You can always just hide them, they will still be there but just not showing up in the springboard. To thread starter: Yes, you have to be jailbroken to do that also :)

hoosierfan24

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2009
another way you can do this is after you jailbreak your ipod install catagories from cydia and then you can put them all in a folder and on your last page so they only take up one spot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.