Apps in retina HD display?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by auzzuro, Sep 11, 2014.

1. auzzuro macrumors regular

hi iphone 6 will be getting retina hd display so does it mean that most of the apps will scale to retina hd display?

2. Cryates macrumors 65816

They should scale fine and it is my understanding that if the developer previously used raster images (.svg, etc) for their apps then the scaling will not effect quality. I could be wrong on that though. I would imagine the apps will scale for the time being however developers will update to include more content on the viewable area which will be glorious.

3. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

By default the screen reports to be the same size as the 5s, then the system scales up. It doesn't matter if you are rendering SVG because the system will give you a smaller screen buffer (So everything will always be rendered at 1136x640, then scaled up)

That is only for apps that haven't updated however, if a developer updates for the new resolutions then the system reports the actual screen size and they can adjust the layout to the real dimensions.

This is honestly the best option, I'm just glad they didn't do the same thing as iPhone 4->5s and center crop the window.