Apps Install Faster?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by qpid360, Jun 19, 2009.

1. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

Is it just me or syncing back all the apps from iTunes is much faster on the 3GS....

2. compg318 macrumors regular

It seemed EXTREMELY fast. Restore form backup didn't seem much faster but the syncing was great. Used to at least an hour for syncing but this time around it took under half an hour.

3. yode macrumors 6502

no way? Is that because the 3G S has a faster processor and more ram? couldn't be...

4. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Out of curiosity, if I go get this new phone to replace my 3G, is it standard to hook it up and then do a restore from backup and use my last 3G backup on the 3GS?

5. mtehonica macrumors regular

Yeah, I knew it would obviously be faster because of the faster processor and more RAM but didn't realize what a dramatic difference it would make. It installed all my apps incredibly fast. :D

6. qpid360 thread starter macrumors 6502

qpid360

I expected the phone's functions to perform faster. It's nice that syncing is faster especially since I have a ton of apps.

7. DotComCTO macrumors 6502

I can confirm that restoring the apps/music/videos are significantly faster than my original iPhone. A restore process on my 2G iPhone used to take 3+ hours. On the new 3GS, it took me about an hour - maybe less. I was restoring nearly 8GB of data.

Excellent!

--DotComCTO