Apps installation freezes during updates

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sudaddy, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Sudaddy macrumors member

Hello,

Last few weeks, I noticed that each time I do App Store updates, the installation of the apps goes on smooth, but towards the end (the progress bar is all the way towards the end) and there's when the installation of the app just freezes. I wait and wait, hoping it to be complete, but nothing happens. Then when I reboot the iPhone, the app is fully installed, but now saved on the main screen, rather than in the originally assigned folder.

This has happened with a lot of apps - so I don't think it's related to any particular app.

Also, I do updates on wifi network. I tried the same on other wifi (like school, work, home), and it's all the same result. So I don't think it's network related.

Another thing is - when I click on "update", many times it would give me a pop-up saying "this app is already installed and please connected iTunes to reinstall it again...." (not sure about the exact verbatim, but something along those lines).

About my iPhone - iPhone 3GS (just 1 month old - as I replaced my old 3GS at the Apple Store with this new one). I had similar issues with the older 3GS but it's happening on this phone a lot more frequently.

2. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Man, it's almost like I wrote this OP. The EXACT thing has been happening on my 3Gs the last 3 or 4 weeks. Many apps, both bluetooth or wi-fi. Same "already installed" message, same freezing, qsame app moving out of the folder and winding up on a maion screen. It's so very frustrating too.

Also though, it happens on my 1st Gen iPad, but not nearly as often.

Also, last night, on BOTH my iPhone and iPad, when I went to "update all" it did not ask me for a password and went right to the first app and stalled out on "install" with the blue progress line full. Shut off both devices fully and tried again, same result.

Haven't tried today yet.

Mike

3. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Nobody else is seeing this problem? Just us two?

Mike

4. ilovemyibook macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm having this problem also. iPhone 4, 3GS and iPad 1.