apps installed but no icon? (not on other pages)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kheovnien, Jun 20, 2009.

1. kheovnien macrumors member

long story short: jailbroken 2.1, had categories (2 folders), installed 3.0 OS and apps are gone. i've checked new pages but there are only the search and main page. when i try to transfer purchases nothing transfers from itunes. when i try to download from itunes (on the iphone) it says the apps are already installed. are the apps still in the "categories" folders hidden and i can't search or access them on 3.0? do i have to jailbreak and download categories again for it to work??

2. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Go into settings and enable restrictions, and then disable them again, this will unhide all of your apps.

They're currently hidden because of categories.

3. kheovnien thread starter macrumors member

well my settings was in the folder....i'm gonna try to jailbreak it and install categories and take everything out of folders

update: my cydia and settings are in "folder". even if i jailbreak and install cydia it's hidden along with settings. is there a way to not restore when i install 3.0 and still transfer all my contacts, sms and photos?

4. heliox8614 macrumors newbie

If you're using 3.0, you should be able to find Settings using Searchlight, and launch it from there.

5. heliox8614 macrumors newbie

Thanks Knolly, this worked for me.