Apps installing on watch when updated on phone???

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by darkarw, Apr 27, 2015.

1. darkarw macrumors regular

So when I first got my watch I installed quite a few apps on it then I decided to scale back the amount of apps installed on watch because all of the little icons were getting out of control. Now, anytime an app that has an apple watch app as well is updated on my phone it installs the app back on my watch. I also do not have automatic downloads turned on as I have checked. Has anyone else noticed this happening?

2. Sparkeze macrumors 6502a

Sparkeze

Yes. You can remove the watch version in the watch app on the phone, or press the app on the watch to get the x to delete just like on the phone screen.

3. darkarw thread starter macrumors regular

I know that I can remove them, but this seems like an annoying step every time any of those apps are updated.

4. Sparkeze macrumors 6502a

Sparkeze

In the watch app, under general, you can toggle the automatically download option to stop it.

5. darkarw thread starter macrumors regular

As I stated in my original post that setting is already turned off, but it still adds them when they update on my iPhone.

6. Sparkeze macrumors 6502a

Sparkeze

It's true, I never noticed because I had that setting on...just tried it and it's doing the same thing as yours.

7. darkarw thread starter macrumors regular

See it's a pretty annoying little bug, especially after you have taken time to arrange all the apps on your screen.

8. RazorD macrumors 6502

Mostly because I have zero intention of ever using instragram on my watch, but they seem to like daily updates at the moment.

9. Sphyrna macrumors regular

I noticed the same thing. For now I'm just trying to use the watch with only the stock apps. Yesterday I noticed a couple extra icons on the home screen. I verified automatic downloads was turned off. I then checked updates in the app store app and noticed these apps were just updated. It is annoying how stuff is going on to my watch that I don't want.