Apps Keep Disappearing

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jayiw, Jun 9, 2015.

1. jayiw macrumors regular

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem?

Every couple of days I'll notice a space where once was an app icon. Today I went into the list of apps in the watch settings on the iphone and they were all there. So I went to see if any were off and the 3 that I had missing showed the slider off in the list. So I turned them back on and they still did not restore so what I did was shut down the watch settings screen on the iphone, started it again came back to the listing with those three apps (which still showed on but still not in the apps icons). I turned them back off then on again in the listing and they did come back. Very odd because I never deleted them off the phone or off the watch and I never shut them off in the first place. They just did that on their own randomly. I am hoping it doesn't happen again because it's a pain in the add to find which ones are not there to bring them back.

2. brandnew2 macrumors member

Same happened to me; I think it's only the apps that were recently updated on iPhone that disappear. I have automatically download apps off, so maybe when the iPhone app updates, rather than the watch app also updating, it just disappears until you reinstall the updated version manually. Kind of aggravating.

3. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

This happened to me once, but was accompanied by an error message that an app failed to update. I wonder if the update process on the watch is to remove the app first, update, then download it to the watch again. I haven't had this just happen out of the blue without a message though, that definitely sounds weird.

4. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

yes Jayiw,I spent a ton of time laying out the icons in a pattern. That night I took off the watch to charge and in the morning all my time spent was for not. Seems the watch reverted back to the standard layout. I went to the local Apple Store and two apple employees looked at me like a dog watching tv with mouth open not sure what to say but "This is the first we have heard of this" and acted like I was smoking up. This has happened twice in two weeks so I'm leaving the lay out as I until v. 2.0 hoping they fix this.