Apps keep disappearing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chelsel, Aug 29, 2007.

1. chelsel macrumors 6502

The one thing that drives me nuts on the Mac is the menu bar at the top of the screen, and the reason is: let's say I'm in Photoshop, if I want to choose the "File" menu but miss it by even a single pixel and click the Desktop instead, then Photoshop disappears!!!!! I have to move the mouse all the way down to the dock, find photoshop, out of dozens of icons and click it again, then go back to the File menu where I wanted to go in the first place (let's hope I don't make the same mistake again)...

Is there anyway to make the Desktop ignore clicks or is there anyway to run programs with a real background to prevent this type of misstep?

Thanks,
    Cliff.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Instead of clicking back on the dock, just hit Apple+Tab to move to the next open application. As Photoshop was the last one you had before you moved back to finder it should only take on hit of Apple+Tab to get you back to Photoshop.

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Sure: instead of opening Photoshop, create yourself a blank Photoshop document, and size it to full screen, and save it as "Open PS"

Now instead of opening Photoshop from the Dock, open the Open PS document, which will in turn launch Photoshop, and then provide a full screen background document, so it you axxidentally click there, you stay within Photoshop.

4. chelsel thread starter macrumors 6502

ouch... I was hoping for a preference that just said "run full screen", that last suggestion is kind of a rube goldberg approach to the problem...

Thanks anyway.

Cliff.

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

It is the way the Macintosh operating system has been forever. If an application has no document open, it is 'transparent' and everything you see in the background is an active object that can be clicked on.

The way to prevent that is to have a document open.