Apps? List 'em Here. And what about the App Store?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by 5684697, Apr 10, 2015.

1. 5684697, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

5684697 Suspended

It isn't live as of my last check. Is there any intel on when they might stand up the Applewatch App Store?

Here is an interesting offering from Foreflight, the first real aviation navigation app for the iPhone way back in primitive times -

http://blog.foreflight.com

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I would wait until the Watch actually launches before looking for which Watch apps have launched :)

3. 5684697 thread starter Suspended

Thank you Captain Obvious ;), but until then, how about posting any third party intel that you might have on upcoming apps?

The App Store might help answer a lot of questions coming form all corners that ask, "The watch is very cool, but what do we need it for?" I'm not sure Apple has made a good case, despite two major preview events...

4. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Well, I do know of one but that would just be shameless plugging. Very bad taste, so I'll keep me mouth shut :D

5. 5684697 thread starter Suspended

Spill it forthwith! It's not like anyone is looking at this thread anyway! :)

6. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

7. 5684697 thread starter Suspended

That list is ancient in Applewatch terms. ;)

I am surprised that there wasn't more emphasis on apps. Perhaps there aren't very many compelling uses for the apple watch to date?

8. ZombiePartie macrumors member

9. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Lol ok but I take no responsibility for the shameless plugging :D

My recipe app, coincidentally called, My Recipes. Will be relaunched in time for the 24th (with a bit of luck.) I removed it from sale about a year ago to completely re-code it from scratch as after four years of updates, additions and so on it was getting a bit creaky code wise. So as I was doing that anyway I added  Watch support.
    On the watch you will be able to browse your recipes, add them to your favourites, read ingredients lists and get a full screen step by step for the cooking instructions. View, create, pause and resume timers and view your shopping lists and check off items in the shopping lists.

It's mainly stuff customers have been pestering me for and a lot I wanted for myself (yes I use my own app lol.)

The iPhone/iPad app has of course been vastly improved as well, making it much more modern, easier to use and a bit more useful.

........ Advert ends :D