iPad Pro Apps made for iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by masotime, Nov 12, 2015.

1. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

Apple has yet to feature apps that work well with iPad Pro in the App Store. I wonder if that's because of limited availability of accessories.

I noticed that some iPad apps are also "blown up" versions, most obvious in Google's apps. What apps have you used so far that seem optimized for the iPad Pro and accessories (if you were lucky enough to get them?)

2. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I disagree based on Apple's arrangements with Microsoft.
    https://www.thurrott.com/mobile/ios...pdates-for-apple-ipad-pro-ios-9-and-watchos-2
    For Productivity, the Office suite is arguably one of the most useful set of apps for many users.

Anything else is icing on cake for me. Apps will get better with time for the Pro, but the regular size iPad (and mini) will always dominate when developers are writing new apps.

3. masotime, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

masotime thread starter macrumors 68000

masotime

Hmmmm.. I think you misunderstand, although it's true that the Office suite of iOS apps aren't blown up on the iPad Pro.

What i'm saying is that there's no "featured collection" of iPad Pro apps in the App Store, as in a real "feature segment", like how they had for "apps that work with Force Touch" or "apps designed for iOS 9". I'm not saying there aren't any, I'm saying I'd like a nice collection curated from the App Store presented by Apple, as they usually do when they launch a new hardware or software product feature.

4. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I see... You are right about that. It will come soon. Based on the way they launched the iPP, Apple isn't expecting a huge sales number at launch.