Apps no longer working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mel3476, May 5, 2011.

1. mel3476 macrumors newbie

I updated my iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.3 last night and ever since, none of my apps open. When I select an app, the screen goes black for about a half a second, then goes right back to the window I was on. I have no idea why this is going on or how to fix it. Do I need to roll back the version of iOS software? If so, how do I go about doing it? Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

2. devrante macrumors newbie

3. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

I have had this happen to me before. Before you go through the downgrading process, just go to the appstore on the iPhone and download any random app. For some reason, installing a new app fixes all the others and they open correctly. Hope this works for you!

4. mel3476 thread starter macrumors newbie

This did work. I had a couple of app updates that I downloaded and installed and it enabled all of my other apps to work. I have no idea how or why it worked, but it did. Thank you everyone for your help!

5. hefeng7979 macrumors newbie

This may be caused by data lose of iTunes account authorization when updating. iOS will check authorization info of apps when running them, if no authorization info found, it would close the app. So when you install an new app with your account, the authorization info will be saved to your updated device, so it won't happen again.