Apps not downloading! HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jedisaga, Dec 3, 2008.

1. jedisaga macrumors 6502

jedisaga

All,

I haven't had many problems with my new 32gb 2g ipod touch. I noticed this morning while downloading a few new free apps that they didn't appear in my apps listing on my touch. When I went back to the app store to DL them again, it showed that I already downloaded them. What should I do? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

jedisaga

2. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

This happened to me once. Try downloading the app again. You won't get charged for the app a second time (as long as your Touch is still synced to a computer that's authorized on your ITMS account, which it probably is).

3. jedisaga thread starter macrumors 6502

jedisaga

4. jedisaga thread starter macrumors 6502

jedisaga

Are there any limitations on how many apps you can have?

Now I'm wondering if there are any limitations on the number of apps you can have on your touch

5. clebo99 macrumors newbie

I had this problem last night and i had to make sure that any podcasts i had scheduled was completed. Check the current downloads and if there is something in there, let them finish.

6. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

There's a limit to how many apps you can have on your iPhone or iPod Touch at a time, though you can have more, possibly an indefinite amount, in iTunes on your computer. The limit on the handheld device is due to the limited number of icon screens you can have (I forget what it is -- 9 screens?), and you can only have as many apps as will fit on those screens (at 16/screen + 4 in the dock).

7. jedisaga thread starter macrumors 6502

jedisaga

Yes, I read somewhere about the 9 screen minimum. I'm hoping in the future this changes since it appears to have more room to add more dots towards the bottom.

8. ardee macrumors newbie

Given these three facts:

1. There are hundreds of free games & useful apps available

2. There are hundreds more fun games that cost only a dollar or two

3. Many more-expensive games (etc.) become free or very cheap for a short time and you can track when that happens and get them then

It seems that the limit of 9 screens of 16 apps each is very odd. Other PDAs have always allowed the user to group (via categories or folders) his apps and to sort them by name, plus impose no fixed limit on how many he can load subject, of course, to available space. Even the Palm of 1996, with 128k of storage, did this. (Today's 32GB is over 250,000 times as much storage!)

Before getting my 32GB touch 2G I'd twice called and asked Apple if they were sure the extra storage (beyond the 8GB or 16GB models) could be used to hold more apps, and both times they said yes. But even if you stick 144 pretty large apps on the thing, you're nowhere near even 8GB.

Worse, it looks like 3rd-party developers cannot solve this because their code can't get at the apps list. Only Apple can decide to fix the problem -- or maybe someday somebody will jailbreak the touch 2G.

9. MySaturdaySelf macrumors member

I just got my new ipod touch 2gen 16g, but for all the apps it shows can't be purchased right now.. do i need to upgrade to the 2.2 version before making purchase.. That's a 220+m downloading ..

10. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

No, it should work on any version of the firmware that has the App Store.

11. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Just download it again. You won't be charged twice since iTunes does recognize that you "already downloaded" it.