Apps Not showing up in home directory

Discussion in 'macOS' started by aznguy2772, Nov 1, 2007.

1. aznguy2772 macrumors member

Since upgrading to Leopard, something I've noticed is that apps are not in my home directory, but it's in the apps folder. Does anyone else have this problem, and would anyone know how to fix this?? And if anyone doesn't know how to fix this, is there any harm in the apps NOT being in the home directory?

2. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

Apps have never been in the home directory, they've always been in the /Applications, unless you changed stuff.

3. aznguy2772 thread starter macrumors member

Alright, thanks. Didn't notice in Tiger.

4. unity macrumors 6502a

This is true to an extent. If a user installs and app, its suppose to go in their respective apps folder. If the admin installs an app it should default to the main app folder.

From what I have installed, its hit or miss for the admin. Most games I install, like Sim City, default to MY home folder but apps like iLife and iWork default to the main folder.

The primary use is to place apps that only the admin wants to use in the admin's home folder. Apps that everyone can use, in the main folder. Its a very great and simple way to control access to certain apps without crippling the the respective user.

5. xenotaku macrumors regular

I think I have the same issue. I have an applications folder in my home folder, which is named 'jonleibowitz' on my mac, but the folder is empty. It is odd. All my apps appear fine in the HD folder though...