iPhone Apps not showing up in iTunes

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Dopeyman, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Dopeyman macrumors 6502a

I did a fresh install of iOS 9 and now I can't "sort" my apps on my iPhone. I assumed it was because iTunes wasn't up to date so I waited and installed all my apps manually.

But now with El Capitan and also a newer iTunes, it's still not working.

If I bring back my iCloud backup of 8.4.1, they show up. But not with a fresh install of 9.

Anyone know what's going on or have a solution?

Attached Files:

2. Wayward macrumors member

I have this problem too. Apps don't show up in iTunes on Mac OS or Windows 10 for either my 6s Plus or 6 Plus. They show up, however, for my iPad 4.

There is a short thread about this over on the Apple forums https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7243922

3. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

"app thinning" aka app sync breaking, ruined everything to do with apps going to & from itunes

4. GoldenDust Suspended

GoldenDust

I thought I was the only one having this problem with my iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2. I believe they may fix this issue in another update.

5. Dopeyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did you do an update only or did you do a fresh install? I'm having the issue with a fresh install. But not with just an update....

6. GoldenDust Suspended

GoldenDust

Downgrade from 9.1 with my iPhone 6 Plus, then updated to 9.0.2. Normal update with iPad Air 2. Fresh install of El Capitan.

7. bwb macrumors member

Same here, works on iPad Air w/ 9.0.2 but not on 6S+ with 9.0.2, iTunes on Windows 7 (rMB still in the shop... Apple Store has been sitting on it since Wednesday after getting it back from the repair depot.. gonna call them tomorrow if they still haven't made it available for pickup by then).

8. curropb macrumors member

Same here.

I did a "El Capitan" Fresh installation and I didn't backup my .ipa apps (from iTunes Mac) before doing the installation... Now I'm very frustrated because I can't transfer some removed apps from the App Store (and I purchased them) and I've got them locally in my iPhone/iPad... however Apple has removed the ability to transfer purchased apps from IPhone to the Mac.

I don't know if it's possible to transfer with other apps my local ".ipa" from my iPhone to my Mac. I don't want to loose some apps who are very important in my iPhone, and I can't re-download from purchased App Store because they have been removed!!!

Sorry for my English

Apple, PLEASE introduce "TRANSFER PURCHASED APPS" feature AGAIN in iTunes...