Apps not showing up on screen after install, using 3.0GM

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jonii123, Jun 16, 2009.

1. jonii123 macrumors newbie

After going to the 3.0 from jailbroken I reinstalled some apps that i had previously. The Two being Skype and IM+ Once the download and install was finished there was no sign of the apps on my screen. There are listed as installed in both the itunes store and on my phone from the App Store. They are no where to be found on my phone? Has anyone else had this problem??

2. iPhoneKiller macrumors newbie

I have seen this with a different phone.

Try unplugging the iPhone and plugging it back in
    Also try hard resetting it. That should do the trick I think it is just a minor JB bug

3. John Musbach macrumors regular

How'd you obtain this update already? I thought it wasn't being released until tomorrow.

4. iPhoneKiller macrumors newbie

Probably the Beta

5. jonii123 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. John Musbach macrumors regular

Unless you're a Apple developer I think you're early installation of this OS is illegal....

7. MIMJOE macrumors newbie

I have this same problem. After my 3.0 upgrade I lost a bunch of apps. They do show in my itunes as purchased, but they are not on the phone.

Today I attempted to repurchase and sync again. The only apps to sync were two new apps I purchased.

I am wondering if the apps were not compatible with 3.0 or something like that???

8. nickane macrumors 6502

I thought I had the same problem until I realised that the update had left me with a 2nd page which only has the settings on it. All the other apps had been moved along a page, it was just the phantom 2nd page that gave the impression that I'd been left with only the apps that come with the OS.

Not trying to be patronising, but it's possible that some of you are making the same mistake...

9. crossed-over macrumors member

This is what worked for me: All my apps were installed, but not showing up, including my camera. I went to Settings > General > Home. Select Camera. Back out to desktop. Hit Home button. Voila!

10. michael31986 macrumors 68040