Apps not staying in the background

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jjk454ss, Oct 2, 2016.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

So I decided to play Pokémon go again today while I was walking around town. I hadn't really played it on the iPhone 7 yet, but I never had this problem on my 6S. On my 6S if I closed the app and reopened it, it was still loaded, even if I hadn't opened it in quite some time. With the iPhone 7 almost every single time I reopened the app it would have to reload, even after just a moment or two to take a pic or send a message. I would see the splash screen while it loaded. Has anyone noticed this with the iPhone 7?

2. sekazi macrumors 6502

I have been seeing this more and more. Just today I was playing Pac-man 256 and was pretty far in it. I had it paused and the phone locked. Less than 30 seconds later I unlock it to be sent back as if the app was just started again. I believe this to be the same issue closing music, podcasts and other music apps so they never continue where they were left off.

3. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Yes, ram management is improved in iOS 10.1 beta...

4. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

OK, that's good to hear. Hopefully it's released before too long.

5. sekazi macrumors 6502

I am on 10.1 beta with this issue still happening. I cannot say for sure on the music yet as I upgraded Friday night. The Pac-man thing happened today.