Apps not staying in their spaces in SL.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by reubs, Sep 21, 2009.

1. reubs macrumors 68000

I've got my spaces set up in a very straightforward and intuitive way (for me at least). I've got Internet in one, word processing in one, media in one, and Mail/Address Book/iCal in one.

Lately, though, it seems like none of the apps will stay in their assigned spaces. iTunes will end up in another space; Mail will end up in the wrong place; and clicking on Mail will bring up iCal in the wrong space.

Anyone else having similar problems or seen the same thing? How'd you fix it? Also, I don't have and 3rd party Spaces apps running or installed, so that can't be it.

Thanks in advance!

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Amazing

..how often people post problems with the OS without revealing which one it is.

If you've upgraded to Snow Leopard, there are lots of reports of problems with Spaces. The fix might be called 10.6.2 - but that's not out yet.

3. reubs thread starter macrumors 68000

My mistake; thanks for the helpful response. I should have noted that it seemed to be working fine in 10.6 but appeared to be broken in 10.6.1. I searched around a bit, but I didn't specifically see anything related to Spaces and SL.

I'll be sure to post what OS I'm using next time in both the thread title and the thread body.