Apps not syncing between iPhone and iPad

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by NewbieCanada, Jan 21, 2014.

1. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

My sister has an iPad 3 and an iPhone 5, both on iOS 7, both with the same AppleID and Automatic Downloads checked on both devices.

When she installed an App I recommended (a universal one) on her iPhone it didn't show up on the iPad. Checking showed that NONE of her purchased apps are on the iPad, and if she looks for them in the App store they show as not purchased. The iPad is one I gave her a few months ago, and naturally I did a full erase and restore before giving it to her.

Neither device has ever been synced through iTunes (except of course the iPad was when I owned it). I'm at a loss - any ideas?

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

maybe sign out of the app store and sign back in?

3. NewbieCanada thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks - I'll have her give that a try.

4. KLinPA macrumors regular

KLinPA

Try this:

Go into the App Store > Purchased. Make sure you select "not on this ipad" in the top center. Then in the top Left corner where "iPad apps" is in blue, tap on it and select iPhone apps. The apps may work in iOS7 on both iPads and iPhones, but they are slightly different and therefore, in different parts of the store.

Hope this helps! :apple::)

5. NewbieCanada thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks - we'd already tried that. Didn't work. There were NO apps showing. Not iPhone, not iPad, not universal.

6. Wuiffi macrumors 6502a

Wuiffi

Do iMessage, facetime etc work on both devices from the same account (so the imessages from the iphone should show up on the iPad)

7. NewbieCanada thread starter macrumors 68030

Yup.

8. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Have you double checked that the Apple ID signed in under settings->iTunes & app store is the same on both devices? Perhaps she is using an old email address for apps and music on her iphone.