Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wingnut330

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Central Ohio - USA
Hello all,

I had to wipe my iTunes app clean. I had the music backed up on my TimeCapsule so I just restored my iTunes music folder back onto my MBP after I uninstalled and re-installed iTunes. So, my music is good to go.

I synced my iPhone and it backed up fine but my apps don't show up in the applications view of iTunes. Any ideas?

pisces03x

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2008
Check the iPhone applications folder (under Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications on a Mac, I'm fairly certain).

If they are there, just drag them into iTunes.
If they aren't, then you have to go further back in your backups until you find them, then repeat the above.

Wingnut330

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Central Ohio - USA
OK, so the apps are now listed in iTunes, but I can't sync them, and all of my music is grayed out on in iTunes (the music that is supposed to be on my iPhone is grayed out not my entire iTunes library).

If I select to manually manage music it says it's going to delete all of my music. Is there a way around that?

Also, if I tell it to sync my apps it's telling me that it's going to erase the apps from my iPhone and put what's on my MBP onto my phone. Does that mean it will erase and put nothing or that it will put the apps that are now on my MBP back onto my phone?

pisces03x

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2008
I'm assuming that, if you're using the computer which you last synced with, the same apps will be transferred. I recommend backing everything up first, though.

And as for your songs, check iTunes for the location of your library (preferences). Is this Music\iTunes\iTunes Library.itl, or is it set to an external HDD?

Wingnut330

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Central Ohio - USA
Music is in music:itunes:itunes music. I'm assuming the library is in there as well. I'm not as concerned about reloading music as I am about re-purchasing and loading 5 pages of apps...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.