Apps not working after 3.0.1 upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SRF01, Aug 2, 2009.

1. SRF01 macrumors newbie

Hi

I was prompted to update my iphone today and all seemed to go fine until I actually tried to open any of my downloaded apps. They all start to open then close right away.

I've tried re-downloading the apps, re-syncing several times, rebooting serveral times, and restored it 3 times, once after removing the .ipsw file and forcing it to dl a new one.

All the apps that came with the phone work fine it's just the downloaded ones that don't work.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Edit: iPhone 3Gs 16G, Latest iTunes on a new iMac

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

There are a number of ways that can fix this. Sometimes just adding a new app fixes the issue. Try that for now. You could do a DFU restore if that doesn't work.

3. SRF01 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok just added 2 new apps, they both work, but the others are still not opening.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

If you delete one of the apps that doesn't work what happens? Also, if you then redownload what happens?

5. SRF01 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I took a tip from the apple forums.

I created a new Admin account and did a restore on that account.
    Then returned to my original account and did another sync and it worked. My apps work again but i have to reenter all my settings eg. network, twitter etc.

Hope this helps others with the same problem.

Edit: Also had to resync all my contacts and calender etc.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Well I'm glad you've used the forums like you're supposed to. I'm on my iPhone right now, so my search capabilities are somewhat limited or I might have seen that suggestion. I was mainly going by memory on some of the things that work in that case. Anyway, glad you fixed it.

7. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

A shame the fix involves losing all app data and taking a lot of time out of your day. I hope Apple sort this bug pronto!

8. iWally macrumors member

I've been experiencing the same problems. I can't even connect to the app store via my phone. Lame! Doing a hard reset helps, but I don't want to do that every time an app stalls on me.

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You may need to do a DFU restore.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

10. mlemon macrumors newbie

Apps Issue 3.0.1

I had this problem as well. I deleted one app and reinstalled it and after that all others began working again.

11. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

I've got the exact same problem after upgrading to 3.0.1

I've done an iPhone Restore and the iPhone Recovery Mode and still no luck :(

12. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yeah, but what did you do that was suggested above? Sometimes deleting an app and resintalling fixes it. Sometimes adding an app fixes it. Also, I don't think you've done a DFU restore, since that is different than a normal restore.

13. jamboken macrumors newbie

No need for restore, delete an app then re-install it, worked for me on a 3GS.