Apps not working/missing after 2.0.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by motoracer1486, Aug 6, 2008.

1. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

So now my Apps are closing as soon as I open them after I upgraded to 2.0.1. I'm even missing scrabble that I paid for (via iPhone app store, not itunes on my computer). Where did it go? I paid for it, I better get it back!

Am I the only one that's having a problems crashing since the upgrade? With 2.0, the apps worked flawlessly for the most part...

2. Italchef macrumors 6502

Check some of the other iPhone threads for this topic. Many, myself included, are having this same issue. I haven't bought any Apps from the App store but have downloaded some free ones. The regular Apps on the phone work fine, but the 3rd party ones crash when trying to open them after I've turned my phone off then on. There is a fix someone posted that I'm about to try. Good luck.

Mick

3. bigrss226 macrumors newbie

I had similar issues with firmware 2.0. I went to the Apple Store and the manager told me she had the same problem and to try restoring the firmware (for you, restore 2.0.1) in iTunes. The other thing she suggested was that I make sure all of the apps are updated in iTunes, not on the phone. It sounded like a bunch of hokum to me at the time but since I did that, I haven't had any problems. Also, if you already paid for an app from the App Store, I have found that you can re-download the app at no cost.

4. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

just delete and reinstall from the phone and thats it

5. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Try a restore... and Join the version 2~ problem club...

6. motoracer1486 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'll do the restore tomorrow. What do I do about the programs that I paid for that disappeared (and even the free ones)? :confused: There's only a small fraction of the app's that I downloaded on my itunes program.

7. bigrss226 macrumors newbie

It doesn't matter if you bought your apps before on the phone or in itunes and it doesn't matter where you go to redownload them. Since you used your apple ID they keep track of what you had before.

8. motoracer1486 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I understand that's what normally happens...but I have an email receipt from Apple stating I purchased Scrabble for $9.99 and it shows it was purchased with my current iTunes account, but it is not in my applications list - and I did not delete it myself.

9. tritonj macrumors 6502a

10. motoracer1486 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wrong. Got charged again.

11. tritonj macrumors 6502a

then take it up with apple, i have downloaded paid apps over and over again trying to get them to update countless times and have never been billed. you get a prompt saying you paid for it before and if you would like to download a fresh copy.

on a different note app updating seems to be working now after the 2.0.1 patch