apps on iphone turned white

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lg7594, Aug 5, 2011.

1. lg7594 macrumors newbie

I just bought and iphone 3gs from a friend. I bought it with some apps installed. He couldn’t authorize my computer because he had already 5 activated computers. When I arrived to my house all of the apps that are not from apple turned white, but I can still use them though. How can I fix this?

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

3. lg7594 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks...

I have another question, I want to get my own apps on the phone but since its not authorized with my friends account when I open itunes it tells me its going to delete them. It has ios4.2.1 which doesent have the feature that u can use to look at your apps in ur account and install them right from ur phone... will updating to a newer firmware delete the apps that I al ready have?

4. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

The apps that are on the phone now are not yours and the only ones you can put on the phone are ones that are in your iTunes or ones you download from the phone. If you sync the phone to your iTunes, the apps on there from your friend will be deleted and then you will have to either redownload free apps or purchase your own. That is how the system works.