APPS opening in external display 1st, not main display...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pvp803, Dec 9, 2007.

1. pvp803 macrumors newbie

for some reason, some APPS open first in the external display instead of the main display on my Macbook Pro running Leopard 10.5.1. i know somewhere i did something but can't seem to reset it back. of course, if i discount the external, all APPS open on the main display. i tried restarting and resetting PRAM to no avail.

anyone out there run into the same problem? anyone know how to get all APPS to open in main display 1st?

2. kostia macrumors regular

In your Displays preference pane, under Arrangement, is the menu bar on the external display? I think applications will open on the display that has the menu bar (and the Dock). You can drag it from one display to the other in that preference pane.

3. pvp803 thread starter macrumors newbie

on 'arrangement' the 'menu bar' is on the main display, namely the macbook pro's display. i've setting the menu to the external then back to the main and still a couple of APPs open in the external. is there another preference i should look for or anything i can reset or so preset cache i can delete via terminal?