Apps optimized for 6 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by olly666, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olly666 macrumors regular

olly666

I've been putting some serious thought into jumping ship back to apple and picking up a 6 plus. I was reading up on it on cnet and they mentioned apps haven't been optimized for the screen and look blurry, and the keyboard doesn't look right. Can anyone confirm this? Any chance that has changed since their review? Thank you very much.

2. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

My 6plus is none of those. Many have been and worst I have seen is text may be a little larger which is OK for my eyes. There are MANY apps but i think most have been optimized or soon will. Either way I notice no issues at all. Phone is far above my S4 IMHO.

Play with one at a Store and see if it has the latest iOS and see. I even updated a 6Plus in an Apple Store that was busy and no one noticed. Not that they should care. You could probably download a specific app you are concerned about. :)

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

There are a ton of non-optimised apps, the vast majority. The keyboard in such apps is indeed gargantuan and the apps themselves look stretched and low-res. This will of course change over time but the OP's thoughts are correct.

4. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

While what you say is true, the majority of the most popular apps are fully optimised.

5. olly666 thread starter macrumors regular

olly666

Can you shed any light on these? Thanks!

- Amazon Music
    - BECU
    - Chase
    - Chrome
    - Facebook (& Messenger)
    - eBay
    - Instagram
    - Package tracking app (*any)
    - Pixlr
    - Shazam
    - Slacker
    - TeamViewer
    - TripCase
    - YouTube app (*any)

6. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I only have Chromefrom your list. So shows, as mentioned, there are a huge amount. But, Chrome seems fine to me as far as keyboard goes. I don't like text size. I use Mercury and very happy. Easy to import my bookmarks.

7. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Apps optimized for 6 Plus?

I've quoted your post and added answers.

8. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

To see if any app has been updated just look at it in the App Store. Under Compatibility it will say "this app is optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus"

9. olly666 thread starter macrumors regular

olly666

10. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Well off the top of my head, out of what I would consider to be popular apps, these aren't 6+ optimised:

Ebay
    TomTom
    Sky Sports
    Tapatalk
    PhotoManagerPro
    Downloads Manager Pro

Apps are being optimised all the time though, but it's worth remembering that it took the best part of a year for apps to get optimised for the iPhone 5 screen. I still have one that fits a 4" iPhone 4 screen lol.

11. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Chase hasn't been updated.

12. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

That what I used to do until I realised it isn't always correct. There are many apps that have been optimised for the 6 and 6 plus that still only list that they have been optimised for the iPhone 5.

----------

Tapatalk is optimised for both 6 and 6 plus, at least here in the UK.

I wouldn't consider PhotoManagerPro or Downloads Manager Pro to be the most popular apps, I was going by the top 150 free apps and 150 paid apps. Again, unless things are different in the UK. That only leaves eBay, TomTom and Sky Sports.

13. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I'm running the latest version of Tapatalk Pro and it isn't optimised for the 6+. I still have the oversized low-res keyboard in that app.

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.