Apps purchased on an old Google Play account

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by sk1wbw, Aug 10, 2014.

1. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

I had to delete my Google account about a year ago because it somehow got compromised and I just created a new one because I got a new Galaxy Nexus tablet. Is there anyway possible to get those apps that were purchased on the old account transferred to the new one? Is that even possible?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Only Google will be able to answer that ..... I assume it's possible but highly discretionary.

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

So you told Google to delete your account

Now you come back, and hope they ignored your wishes, holding onto your data in secret? Honestly, I'd be pissed if they did that.

4. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

If the account was compromised its possible he didn't have a choice in whether the account was closed or not. A few years ago my Xbox Live account was hacked and Microsoft closed my account and I had to start a new one.

5. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Transferring the purchase is actually up to the developer, not Google. If you can prove you had purchased a license for the app and explain the situation to the developer, they may be compassionate and allow you to get it again at no cost. The only thing that may work against you is the amount of time between 'closing' the account and making the request.