Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk1wbw

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
I had to delete my Google account about a year ago because it somehow got compromised and I just created a new one because I got a new Galaxy Nexus tablet. Is there anyway possible to get those apps that were purchased on the old account transferred to the new one? Is that even possible?

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I had to delete my Google account about a year ago because it somehow got compromised and I just created a new one because I got a new Galaxy Nexus tablet. Is there anyway possible to get those apps that were purchased on the old account transferred to the new one? Is that even possible?

So you told Google to delete your account

Now you come back, and hope they ignored your wishes, holding onto your data in secret? Honestly, I'd be pissed if they did that.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
So you told Google to delete your account

Now you come back, and hope they ignored your wishes, holding onto your data in secret? Honestly, I'd be pissed if they did that.

If the account was compromised its possible he didn't have a choice in whether the account was closed or not. A few years ago my Xbox Live account was hacked and Microsoft closed my account and I had to start a new one.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Transferring the purchase is actually up to the developer, not Google. If you can prove you had purchased a license for the app and explain the situation to the developer, they may be compassionate and allow you to get it again at no cost. The only thing that may work against you is the amount of time between 'closing' the account and making the request.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.