Apps purchased on iPhone 4 to iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Snowwhitesapple, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Snowwhitesapple macrumors newbie

If I buy an app on my iPhone will I have to pay for it again on my iPad? I.e. Angry birds or sims 3

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

If they are universal apps = no
    If they have an iPad specific version = yes

3. aneftp macrumors 68040

Depends. All iPhone apps are compatible in iPad. However you will be using a scaled down version.
    If you brought a universal app than you won't have to pay for iPad version.

Angry birds has a seperate iPad version you will have to pay to get "HD" graphics.

4. Ljwinter macrumors member

This is my biggest complaint so far about the iPad. There should be a way that iTunes should see that you already purchased the app on your phone and then offer you some type of "iPad upgrade fee" for a few dollars or so. I know that's up to the developers and Apple but it's definitely something they should look into. I really want Real Racing 2 on my iPad2 but I already have it on my iPhone 4 and I can't really see spending another $10 on something I already have and completed just for a bigger screen.

5. hwu182 macrumors member

Does anyone know if theres a way to transfer the progress of your game from the iPhone 4 over to the iPad?

Like if i bought PvZ can I transfer my progress over to the iPad?

6. C N Reilly macrumors regular

Download the app AppShopper and add Real Racing to your "want list". When they have one of their inevitable one- or two-day sales, AppShopper will push out a notification so you won't miss it. I've gotten a lot of apps at far better prices (and sometimes free) that way.

7. M87 macrumors 65816

On the iPad it's pretty easy to figure out, if you already bought something it will say install in the app store rather than having a price next to it.

8. darylsudden macrumors newbie

Instead of opening a new thread, I will ask my question right here since the title fits:

When I purchase an app that's for the iPhone 4 and not universal, will it look all pixelated on the iPad 2 even if it supports Retina display?

9. Ljwinter macrumors member

Yes. They look pretty bad :mad:

10. darylsudden macrumors newbie

:( too bad. I'm pretty sure they do this to keep the iPhone 4 for iPad-only users attractive...