Apps ready for Lion in app store?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheClaff, Jul 20, 2011.

1. TheClaff macrumors member

Anyone know of a list or easy way to see apps in the app store that are updated for Lion? I am curious to try some games or install apps but don't see anything highlighting apps that take advantage of Launchpad etc.

2. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

I can't find a list either. It'd be nice if the Mac App Store had a "(Lion tested)" beside apps that were, sorta like the "(iOS 4 tested)" on the App Store.

What do you mean by compatible with Launchpad? Wouldn't all apps work with Launchpad? I haven't installed Lion yet, so I don't know for sure.

3. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

All apps in the Applications folder show up in Launchpad.

4. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I am interested in this also. But there are two different things. Which apps run stable in Lion, and which apps take advantage of versions, autosave, fullscreen etc.

Hopefully the first is a given... But both are important to know.

5. TheClaff thread starter macrumors member

Looking for apps that take advantage of Lion - full screen, auto backups etc.

As Darth Titan mentioned all apps in the app folder show up - I didn't realize you had to scroll over to the 2nd page for apps that are not part of Lion itself (mail, safari etc come with Lion and show up on the launchpad first page).

There are some odd apps there - the amazon downloader shows up but I'm not sure I would call that a App, it just gets used when you download files from Amazon.