Apps Remain on Macbook after I remove them from IOS.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by marker227, Jun 14, 2015.

1. marker227 macrumors 6502

I just noticed that whenever I delete an app from my iPod Touch, they aren't being removed from my Macbook Pro.

Is there anyway to do that?

I now have hundreds of apps in my iTunes App library, and a lot of them I don't even use. I don't want to sift through each one to make sure it's actually something that is still on my iPod.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The perminant copies in your iTunes library won't delete. You have to do it manually. Personally I keep them as some apps do get pulled then they can only be installed via iTunes.

3. marker227 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, wow. There really isn't any easy way to merge what I have? Apple's iCloud has their merging option when it comes to syncing bookmarks, etc. I can't believe there isn't an easier solution for this.

This is a flawed setup if this is indeed how it performs. I don't want to delete the app on my IOS device and computer every time I want to remove something. I guess I'll have to fix them manually.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

If you don't mind losing the odd removed from iTunes app you can delete the whole lot. Your purchases stay intact