Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kick2head

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
WORTH IT

1. Camera+ - An essential photo editing app. Professional and classy, while still having some fun filters and borders.

2. Instagram - Similar Hipstamatic, except it's Free and has a large community to share and comment on pictures with.

3. Navigon - The best GPS system for your iPhone. Has worked fine for me. Had 2D and 3D modes as well as Points of Interest.

4. Whatsapp - Works on iPhone, Android, and BlackBerrys. You get free txt and picture/video msg'ing with anyone with who has this app.

5. NetFlix - If you already have the subscription, it's simple to use and high quality. Only problem is the screen is so small and watching a long movie can give you a headache after awhile. I imagine it's much better on iPad, though a 30 minute show or documentary should be alright on iPhone.

NOT WORTH IT

1. Camera Bag - The Silver filter is nice. Other than that there isn't much offered that every other photo app doesn't provide. Save your money.

2. Hipstamatic - With all the extra filters and lenses you will need to purchase to get the full effect from this app, it's going to cost about $8-10 dollars. Not worth it if you ask me. It might've been unique at one time, but other apps offer similar effects for a lower price. At this point I'd say it's only for someone who really, really wants it.

3. Garmin Street Pilot - This app worked fine when I tested it at the coffee shop around the block form my house. When I needed to find my way to the hospital after work one day, it froze and could not locate the hospital or give me directions. I ended up using the stock Maps app and found my way with a bit of trouble. Garmin failed it's #1 purpose and still hasn't worked since. Waste of my money.

4. iMovie - Disappointing. I thought Apple would've updated this by now. It's really a barebones movie editor. Not much to it. Very few transitions and editing options. Definitely not worth the money unless you do a lot of editing on the go. Otherwise you're better off copying the clips to your computer and editing them on your Mac or PC.

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
Hipstamatic is worth it to me, very versatile app for photographers. For me EQu is not worth it at all, buggy and brings the phone to a crawl.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.