Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

TheeMattMarquis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
This all happened after I tried downloading a cracked version (yeah, i know) of iRealSMS.
These apps with blank icons keep showing up everytime I download something. I can get rid of them by shutting my device off but they just keep coming back the next time I try to download something.
Should I be concerned?

TheeMattMarquis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
They're titled DemoApp, AdSheet, iPodOut, Nike + iPod, TrustMe, and WebSheet. Even the icon for my SBsettings shows up.

Comment

Bandolier

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
This happens when people download and install apps with Installous. Don't lie and say you were getting a cracked version of iRealSMS.

Comment

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
This happens when people download and install apps with Installous. Don't lie and say you were getting a cracked version of iRealSMS.

Are you suggesting that pirating iRealSMS is somehow less morally wrong than pirating App Store apps?

Comment

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Yes, it's due to libhide and has nothing to do with cracked apps. This is becoming one of the most irritating repeat questions on this forum! Almost every day someone starts a new thread on this. Did someone disable the search button here or are people just getting lazier?

Comment

PhantomZone

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2009
Yes, it's due to libhide and has nothing to do with cracked apps. This is becoming one of the most irritating repeat questions on this forum! Almost every day someone starts a new thread on this. Did someone disable the search button here or are people just getting lazier?

on that note I think I'll open a thread about changing iOS folder icons :rolleyes:

Comment

Bandolier

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
There was a libhide update that was pushed a few weeks ago that solved most of the problems with the AdSheet/DemoApp/all the white-only icons. Now only SBSettings and Winterboard show up.

Are you suggesting that pirating iRealSMS is somehow less morally wrong than pirating App Store apps?

What the **** are you talking about? I said he probably used Installous. Where the **** did you did morality out of that?

Comment

mr-kenneth-man

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2010
I've noticed in

settings>General>location services

that "AdSheet" has appeared. I've searched for AdSheet and only come across problems with those who jailbreak. I have never used jailbreak. I do not have any white icons as those who have jailbroken do.

iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1 I didn't start from fresh, I restored using my 3G backup. I've had my iPhone 4 since release date and this has only occurred since today!

Any suggestions as to what it could be or how to remove it?

Attachments

• IMG_1576[1].PNG
    IMG_1576[1].PNG
    171 KB · Views: 260
Comment

jonathanbruck

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2007
Websheet

I was checking location services and "websheet" appeared, but was turned off.
I've never jailbroken the phone, but this was a replacement I got from Apple. I don't know what app put it there, but I went to "Settings>general>Reset>Reset Location & privacy" and now its gone.

Comment

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I was checking location services and "websheet" appeared, but was turned off.
I've never jailbroken the phone, but this was a replacement I got from Apple. I don't know what app put it there, but I went to "Settings>general>Reset>Reset Location & privacy" and now its gone.

You realize this is a 2010 thread? the information here was for a very old version of iOS. Not sure how relevant would this be.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.