Apps showing up that I didn't download. Help please!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TheeMattMarquis, Sep 2, 2010.

1. TheeMattMarquis macrumors newbie

This all happened after I tried downloading a cracked version (yeah, i know) of iRealSMS.
    These apps with blank icons keep showing up everytime I download something. I can get rid of them by shutting my device off but they just keep coming back the next time I try to download something.
    Should I be concerned?

2. TheeMattMarquis thread starter macrumors newbie

They're titled DemoApp, AdSheet, iPodOut, Nike + iPod, TrustMe, and WebSheet. Even the icon for my SBsettings shows up.

3. KingOfKong macrumors newbie

Just respring. It's a known error with the JB.

4. TheeMattMarquis thread starter macrumors newbie

5. celticpride678

Yep, it's got something to do with downloading apps from the App Store. I think the Dev Team is aware of it.

6. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

This happens when people download and install apps with Installous. Don't lie and say you were getting a cracked version of iRealSMS.

7. KingOfKong macrumors newbie

This happens even without Installous.

8. The General macrumors 601

Are you suggesting that pirating iRealSMS is somehow less morally wrong than pirating App Store apps?

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Actually I believe it's tied to libhide.
    BigBoss says it's on the list of fixes but not that critical since a respring fixes it.

10. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Yes, it's due to libhide and has nothing to do with cracked apps. This is becoming one of the most irritating repeat questions on this forum! Almost every day someone starts a new thread on this. Did someone disable the search button here or are people just getting lazier?

11. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

on that note I think I'll open a thread about changing iOS folder icons :rolleyes:

12. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

definitely libhide, which is used by SBSettings.

13. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Those are VIRUS that are collecting your personal inforamtion.... that came with your cracked app :mad:

14. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

There was a libhide update that was pushed a few weeks ago that solved most of the problems with the AdSheet/DemoApp/all the white-only icons. Now only SBSettings and Winterboard show up.

What the **** are you talking about? I said he probably used Installous. Where the **** did you did morality out of that?

15. mr-kenneth-man macrumors newbie

I've noticed in

settings>General>location services

that "AdSheet" has appeared. I've searched for AdSheet and only come across problems with those who jailbreak. I have never used jailbreak. I do not have any white icons as those who have jailbroken do.

iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1 I didn't start from fresh, I restored using my 3G backup. I've had my iPhone 4 since release date and this has only occurred since today!

Any suggestions as to what it could be or how to remove it?

Attached Files:

16. jonathanbruck macrumors newbie

Websheet

I was checking location services and "websheet" appeared, but was turned off.
    I've never jailbroken the phone, but this was a replacement I got from Apple. I don't know what app put it there, but I went to "Settings>general>Reset>Reset Location & privacy" and now its gone.

17. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You realize this is a 2010 thread? the information here was for a very old version of iOS. Not sure how relevant would this be.