Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gala

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
I'm looking for a cataloging Mac App. I tried the trial of Delicious Library and like it but wondering if there is something better for me. DL seems to be a big hit with people that want to keep track of books, CDs, or DVDs. I want something that'll help me keep track of other things. I'd love to be able to keep track of my gadgets, watches, jewelry and other expensive personal purchases. So far when I've entered my gadgets into DL the experience isn't as clean looking and satisfying.

chickenwingfly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
I'll start by saying, Delicious Library is overrated; I didn't find it as satisfying as 99% of people do.
I wish there was something like MyStuff for the Mac, but haven't find anything that I settle with to be honest.
There is Numento, Home Inventory and Compartments
Some people recommend Bento, but I found it too cumbersome for my purposes.

I haven't settled for anything since I require:
1. Mobile companion apps that can also be used to manage the collection, thus, making it:
2. Cloud sync-able
3. Highly customizable

calbear98

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2013
San Francisco
I'm working on a mobile app to do this, since I want to keep track of my stuff too.

Let me know what you want it to do.

I'm looking for a cataloging Mac App. I tried the trial of Delicious Library and like it but wondering if there is something better for me. DL seems to be a big hit with people that want to keep track of books, CDs, or DVDs. I want something that'll help me keep track of other things. I'd love to be able to keep track of my gadgets, watches, jewelry and other expensive personal purchases. So far when I've entered my gadgets into DL the experience isn't as clean looking and satisfying.

Indydenny

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2002
Midwest
I'll start by saying, Delicious Library is overrated; I didn't find it as satisfying as 99% of people do.
I wish there was something like MyStuff for the Mac, but haven't find anything that I settle with to be honest.
There is Numento, Home Inventory and Compartments
Some people recommend Bento, but I found it too cumbersome for my purposes.

I haven't settled for anything since I require:
1. Mobile companion apps that can also be used to manage the collection, thus, making it:
2. Cloud sync-able
3. Highly customizable

I also used Bento but then found Tap Forms and, I believe, that it fits all of your requirements. I keep quite a few databases including home inventory. I don't think that it will scan bar code like DL.

chickenwingfly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
I also used Bento but then found Tap Forms and, I believe, that it fits all of your requirements. I keep quite a few databases including home inventory. I don't think that it will scan bar code like DL.
Thanks.

Well that was an old reply and I did find TapForms but haven't committed to buy it yet. But it seems to do what I need.
I think it was only missing a thing… can't remember what… but that will probably suit one's needs .
I found the alert mode for storing say refills, to be awesome.

For some reason I still like MyStuff a bit more but that's like a solo effort from the developer and I doubt he has the time or commitment to ever create a Mac app (a companion to the existent mobile apps).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.