Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
Many apps seem to be really slow to adjust their screen size to the iPad Pro 2018. I upgraded from the previous iPad Pro 10.5" and aside from Netflix and Youtube all my apps are not using the full screen. Even the most popular games in the world (Example: Fortnite) isn't updated yet. Anyone else find it odd it's taken this long? Before, apps would be updated within a week or two.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Think it’s less with iPad apps...I know facebook has never been updated to fit the bigger 12.9 pro.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Ultimately it comes down to the percentage of users on a specific device.

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
Many apps seem to be really slow to adjust their screen size to the iPad Pro 2018. I upgraded from the previous iPad Pro 10.5" and aside from Netflix and Youtube all my apps are not using the full screen. Even the most popular games in the world (Example: Fortnite) isn't updated yet. Anyone else find it odd it's taken this long? Before, apps would be updated within a week or two.
YouTube isn’t updated either, it’s just set up for auto-width. There are still black bars at the top and bottom because they haven’t updated for Liquid Retina.

The one that’s really driving me crazy is DirectvNOW. The home bar doesn’t go away when video is playing, so you have a bright white bar at the bottom of the screen the entire time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.