Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Hello,
my app store is in German cos my apple account was created with a German credit card. Is there a way to change this on the iPhone ? I did change the Language settings to English.

Other question, is it possible to browse apps by free/non free cathegories on an iPhone ?

Thanks,
Tex

Attachments

• IMG_0013.PNG
    IMG_0013.PNG
    42.3 KB · Views: 101

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Create a US iTunes Account and then be signed in when you sync and you get the US English store.

If you want to buy things you need a gift card.
This doesn't really work. As soon as I buy something it tells my that I have to use the German version.

just change the country you are in. go to app store scroll down to account. once you sign in select where it says country or region and select english. i had an issue where my app store was in japanese
I tried this but I didn't get the confirmation email :( I tried several times with different email addresses. Any ideas ?

T.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
This doesn't really work. As soon as I buy something it tells my that I have to use the German version.
What? it does as I switch between my German ,Italian, UK and US accounts when buying app's. I take it you did were not signed into the US Account when you synced the iPhone?

Edit: Did you right the wrong answer to the wrong quotes as it doesn't look right? try AOL addresses.

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Que said:
yo Que, what the **** are u talking about ?

my apologies, i thought my question was fairly self-explanatory.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/739167/

^^that's a thread started by you with an app store theme.

THIS is a thread started by you with an app store theme.

considering you have started two app store themed threads, i was curious as to how many more there will be.

understand now?

That's about another topic. That's why i started another "topic".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.