Apps Store on phone doesn't "know" apps are installed...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nippyjun, Sep 13, 2008.

1. nippyjun macrumors 65816

I noticed yesterday that the app store on the iphone itself doesn't know that my apps are installed. If i go to any of my installed apps in the apps store on the phone it shows the price instead of showing "installed".

I'm not sure if this happened after a restore 2 days ago or after installing firmware 2.1.

I uninstalled one app on the phone and then reinstalled it using the app store on the phone and then for that app the store showed that it is installed.

Becasue the app store doesn't know that my apps are installed i assume that it won't show when updates are available.

Is there a way to not have to uninstall and then reinstall all of my apps to get the app store to know that they are installed. I don't want to lose save games?

Anyone else have this issue or have thoughs on it.

Thanks.

2. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Not seeing that here. I have an iPhone 3G and and iPod Touch, both with 2.1, and both show the [INSTALLED] button when I browse already installed apps in the App Store.

iTunes, on the other hand, is clueless as to which apps I've already downloaded and installed. Well, technically it does, but it doesn't indicate this in App Store.