Apps that currently support multitasking

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by usedbert, Jun 10, 2010.

1. usedbert macrumors newbie

I think we should start a list of any apps that have been rewritten to take advantage of the new multitasking API's. There most likely won't be any apps that support this until the 21st but we can start a thread for future updates and list them as they are supported.

2. iPhone3gPSU macrumors member

I agree... I like this thread! I wonder if Apple will start releasing the 4.0 Apps a little early like they did with 3.0 (I think??)

3. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Well it's not multi-tasking but the latest release of Flight Track Pro supports 4.0. Unlike the previous versions, it will now add flight times directly to your calendar - a new capability from 4.0.

4. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

Wicked! So looking forward to apps having direct access to the iPhone iCal!

5. otis123 macrumors 6502a

pandora and XM radio needed to be updated yesterday, I wish apple wasn't so picky about all these app rules.

6. usedbert thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Flight Track - Live has been updated with 4.0 API calls so it's only a matter of time before other apps start coming out....

8. xpolicy macrumors newbie

Little off topic but why does every app that you open go to the multitasking bar? Will this change? I would think only apps that are currently using multitasking would go there.

9. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

Technically because its a fast app-switching bar, not just a multi-tasking bar. It's supposed to allow for quick access to your recently run apps.

10. xpolicy macrumors newbie

Hmm little annoying because I now have like 30 apps in the "fast app switching bar".