Apps that I've deleted from the mac app store still show up in the update section?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheDoctor19, Aug 22, 2012.

1. TheDoctor19 macrumors newbie

I downloaded Angry Birds for the mac on the mac app store but deleted it after the update for it didn't work. Even though I've deleted the app though it still shows up on the update screen and it has for a few months now. I've checked my hard drive with spotlight to make sure there wasn't another file but the only one there is the one on itunes for my phone and that one's fine. I've also tried to find it through appzapper and I've gone through my whole library folder for the plist file. Is there anything else I can try to do to get rid of it completely from my laptop? Thanks

2. allan.nyholm macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

There are two files in your
    folder that needs deleting too. That's what I think is causing your issue. Every downloaded Mac App Store application creates a .bom and a .plist inside this folder. If you delete these files then MAS will tell you to download the apps in question again if they are not in the Applications folder anymore. Try getting rid of the specific Angry Birds .bom and .plist in the named location and see if that helps anything. Needs your admin password for deletion. Make sure that they are named
    and

3. TheDoctor19 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've been looking for my private folder but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

----------

Never mind. I found it :) I'm going to try it out now.

----------

I went through the folders you told me to but there was no
    It went straight from rosetta to seagate. Is there another way possibly?