iPhone Apps that support iPhone 6 plus split screen functionality

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by LaynieGorilla, Nov 20, 2014.

1. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

Does anyone have a list of apps or know where I can find a list of apps that support the split screen landscape funtionality?

Thanks!

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Only native apps seem to support this and it's not even all of them. I seriously hope Apple branches out iOS for the plus only. That way we can get more of an iPad experience and less of an iPhone experience.

3. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

What is split screen functionality? Is that like the mail app?

If so, I agree, there are plenty of apps that could benefit from content layout changes based on screen orientation.

4. LaynieGorilla thread starter macrumors 6502

I wish they would have the option for the the iPhone 6 too honestly. I know the open table app and my credit union supports split screen, but it would be so convenient to see that in more third party apps.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

You and me both. The 6+ cannot even completely operate in landscape mode because not all apps support landscape mode and none other than apple's use the splitscreen layout. Heck, even lockscreen notifications don't show in landscape mode like they do for the iPad.

Apple seriously needs to create a separate branch of iOS code just for the 6+ moving forward.

6. MacinJosh macrumors 6502a

I get it now. I was thinking that the developers were lazy not to implement the split-screen feature. To confirm, I looked at Xcode and sure enough, split-screen is only available to the iPad.

However, there are some apps that operate in landscape with their own split-screen thing. Some are pretty good.