apps update issue on new iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mesmerizer73, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Mesmerizer73 macrumors newbie

I had a 3g and upgraded to the i-4. Registered the new phone on the same old id (but changed the email and the password on my itunes with a new credit card) and synced everything to the last sync (of my previous phone). Everything works great except when I want to update the apps on iphone 4 that were purchased when I had the old phone,
    - It shows the old email id and asks me for a password.
    - I enter the old password and it takes me to my new email id and asks for new password
    - THen gives this message:
    Verification required:
    Before you can make purchases, you must tap continue to sign in, then verify your payment info.​
    - I verify the payment info and it goes to updates again and back to SQUARE ONE !!!!!!

Does not update !!!! Can anyone help here??? BTW I can purchase new apps easily.. I guess you already know that..

2. acobrazil macrumors newbie

Same problem

Same problem here. It's been over a month. I've been waiting for Apple to address the problem, and nothing. Just got a new update for the iOS, and it still doesn't address the issue.
    I've tried deleting and re-entering my credit card information on iTunes, but that didn't work.
    If I delete the app and re-download it, I have no problem, but I did that with a paid app, and I was charged again!
    Urgh!

3. prizm macrumors member

I had the same problem and I found an easy fix. Go into settings on your Iphone 4 and then go to the Store Tab. Sign out. Then Sign back in. This should now enable you to update your apps. Strange and frustrating quirk, but a rather easy fix. At least it worked for me.