Apps Updating to iOS

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by twigman08, Sep 1, 2013.

1. twigman08 macrumors 6502

I'm sure it is nothing really though I just received an interesting push notification from one of my apps. It said "The game will update automatically to support iOS 7 on September 4th."

It sort of struck me as weird mostly because I though developers couldn't submit app updates for it until the GM build. Is my thinking wrong on this or could this app may be hinting at a GM release of around September 3rd-4th? I'm sure I could easily be reading into this too much or maybe I just don't recall exactly when developers could release updates to support the next OS.

The App is: 9 Innings Baseball 2013. It currently already works just fine on latest iOS 7 Beta from what I can tell.

2. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Developers can update their apps to be stable on iOS 7 as soon as they want to. Many of my apps have updated to support iOS 7.

What they are not allowed to do is submit apps using the new APIs and features that iOS 7 offers (like the 60fps video recording API can't be added in until iOS 7 is launched), or at the least they can be submitted but not posted.