Apps updating without password

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SnowDX, Oct 21, 2011.

1. SnowDX macrumors 6502

I've got a couple games on my phone my daughter bought with her account. Previously, when updating a list of apps that had a game from her account and apps from my account, it would ask first for one password, then the other.

The last several times I've done this, it only asks for her password and does not ask for mine. Yet, it still updates my apps. I've done a Get Info on the apps in iTunes, and they definitely show they were purchased with my account and not hers. She has never purchased these apps and doesn't have them on her phone. Syncing the phone updates the apps to the correct version within iTunes on my Mac as well. This happened in iOS4 and just happened this morning in iOS5.

It's totally possible something changed back in an iOS4 update and that it's supposed to work this way and I'm just not aware there was a change. My brain isn't functioning perfectly due to lack of sleep and being very pregnant. :D

Can someone fill me in on why I'm not being asked for my account password?

2. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Had the same problem. Try opening iTunes and going into your account settings. There is a setting called 'reset all warnings' click that and see if that solves it. I haven't tested it yet, but that's supposed to do it.