Apps where you're noticing a speed improvement?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HXGuy, Mar 12, 2011.

1. HXGuy macrumors 68000

What apps have you guys noticed a significant speed improvement with iPad 2 on?

For me, Friendly for Facebook works much better as does Splashtop.

2. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Pretty much all of them, the most significant for me being things like Infinity Blade, Rage HD, and some of the beefier games. But even my small silly games like We Rule Quests runs SO much faster than the original iPad.

For productivity apps, it seems like everything has far less "lag time" when launching, tapping, etc. I'm quite happy with the speed - I think I like the speed even more than the form factor (both are quite noticeable when side-by-side with my original iPad).

3. HXGuy thread starter macrumors 68000

Hey how did your experience a Best Buy go yesterday? How long did you wait for?

4. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

It was great, we got there at 2pm and were #'s 6 and 7 in line. They were really nice to everyone and even brought chairs out for the first 10 people or so. The people in line were friendly, so we all chatted about this or that iPad/Apple-related -- it was a pretty fun afternoon!

I was impressed with BestBuy and how organized they were. At 4:30pm on the dot, they went through the line one-by-one and gave us our "golden tickets" (yellow piece of paper with the model/color iPad and accessories you selected). Then we got into the final checkout line and waited until they rolled out a huge palette covered with a big blue sheet at 5pm on the dot and "unveiled" it, and people started cheering.

Only downside was when they unveiled the accessories rack, people just started grabbing at them regardless of it having been on their sheet to be picked -- so I had to run and get the black leather smart cover, pink smart cover, and HDMI cable before they were all gone -- even though we were #1 in the checkout line.

Other than that, I was impressed with their good attitudes, organization, and friendliness. Around 3:30pm a bunch of people got in the line because the Apple Store at Arrowhead had hundreds of people in the queue and they realized they probably weren't going to get one unless they tried best buy. I did feel sorry for people that got there at 4:30 and thought they would get an iPad, they were turning people away and having them do the $100 pre-reserve.

Sounds like you two had a much easier time at Wal-Mart though! I was worried that Wal-Mart might not have enough stock (plus with 2 iPads & accessories, I think that gets us $60-ish in BB Reward Zone points). :)

5. HXGuy thread starter macrumors 68000

Yea, Walmart went extremely smooth. They didn't have any accessories at all though, had to go to the HV/Lake Pleasant Best Buy about 7pm topic up a Smart Case and they only had the bey for me, the orange my wife wanted was sold out. I may try the Apple store today for the case, not sure what kind of luck I'll have.

6. iAAPL macrumors regular

iAAPL

I had a similar experience to tekchic at Best Buy. It was my first Apple launch day line experience ever. (I always preorder online.) I got there about 3:30 and was about 15th in line. The first guy in line got there at 7:00 and set up his own numbering system; as people walked in, he would give them a scrap of paper with a number on it, just to keep things civil until the 'official' line began right after I got there. 15 minutes after I got there, the line went crazy. It wrapped 1/3 of the way around the perimeter of the store, and it's a fairly large Best Buy. At 4:30, they went around the line handing out the sheets with the model you want, representing the entire stock. Then at 5:15, they finally started selling them. They probably had about 150 in stock on a cart. Very limited accessories; about half of the Smart Cover colors, one bulky leathery case, and the Zagg front-only screen protector, but a decent quantity of each item.

The only thing I didn't like was that they had people from different departments walking down the line trying to sell us other crap. The guy from BB Wireless was trying to sell us MiFis and LaptopConnect cards, because an AT&T mifi is "faster than an AT&T iPad". Fortunately a guy in line proved him wrong with SpeedTest.net on the spot, and brought up the fact that it's twice the price/mo. :p. Another guy walked around trying to sell us BB protection plans, and trying to sell us on the idea of BB buyback.

7. Vic-Viper macrumors regular

HoloBlog has huge improvements That and Pushy Pixels.

8. Alucardx03 macrumors 6502a

Back to the Future ep. 1 doesn't stutter any longer!

9. soypancho macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The Plex app has been night and day. Using it as a remote for my server is a bit snappier but streaming content is worlds better now.

10. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Those little birds go a heck of a lot faster now. j/k :D

Evyerthing in general seems quicker to me. Mainly Safari right now.

11. Mjmar macrumors 65816