Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I've been keeping my price limit low... I only bought pricier items when they went on sale. That being said, I did buy Mote-M, Band, and would have bought that $5 note app that I can't remember what it's called, but I didn't have enough credit. Mote-M was a disappointment, especially when it went on sale for a dollar right after I bought it. But Band was well worth it, and if I had bought it I'm sure the note one would have been too.
My dad bought and sent over to me xplane, asphalt, and galcon for bigger ticket items. I would have bought all three instantly myself, and know that they're worth the money. They're the best ever.
I just got billy frontier on sale for a dollar as opposed to $5. I wasn't about to pay for it at $5 and still wouldn't, but it makes a nice dollar game.
Most of my apps, as in 75%, are free/demos and I enjoy those too. It's amazing how much great free content there is. I also have a bunch of great $1 purchases. Oh yeah... I also got Apple's Texas Holdem, which is amazing as a poker app and graphics wise. I paid $5 for that and am happy. If you actually read all that, I hope it helps!

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Regrets:

igotchi. Got cause I thought my kids would like even though they are really too small. Though you'd be able to interact with it more. you basically click a few actions and it gets repetitive quick. Pet also never grows or anything so it's no progress. Had got really early on before there were a whole bunch of reviews or anything.

Worth it:

iSSH, my most used app.
SuperMonkeyBall, my fav game never get tired of it

Blambu

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2008
Has to be SubEthaEdit, Flow and Coda for me. I don't use any of these really, I have TextMate for SEEdit and Transmit for Flow. I just sometimes go on a spending spree.

Really should control what I purchase.

:(

shoelessone

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
Absolutly worth it:

Fieldrunners (worth 10 bucks probably)
Trism (great game)
Spend
iCopter
Jaddu
Enigmo (though I don't play it any more after beating it)

Not worth it:

Cro-Mag
Billy Frontier
Aqua Forest (when it cost money)
Others that I've forgotten about

Unsure:

Charlie (might be worth it once I actually have a normal internet connection, but I'm backpacking around SE Asia for the past 6 months so no real wifi normally)
Galcon - Fun game, and might be worth it, but after playing it for a while I feel like it's pretty easy/predictable. I could beat the hardest level after playing the game for less than an hour. It's still fun, but not so much of a challenge sometime, and pretty straight forward.

Best game, by quite a bit: Fieldrunners. I don't care about audio, but once new levels come out it will be even awesomer.

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
Worth it:
MotionX-Poker - worth more than the $5 I paid.
MLB.com At Bat - worth more than the $5 I paid.
AcidSolitaire Collection - I paid $10, and all I play is Klondike. :D

Regret:
Imangi - a good game, but it's too hard :(

buccsmf1

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
enigmo has been, by far, the best game i've played on the iphone..... i bought asphalt 4 however, which was terrible. ive played a total of 10 minutes

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
I dont buy too many apps as I dont like clutter...but my short list is:

Likes -

Crosswords
Aurora Feint
Wide Email
YPMobile - comes in very handy!
I.TV - use this regularly
Shazam
SplashID
PDANet

Dislike -

Super Monkey Ball
Tap Tap Revenge
Pandora - good concept but I have so much music in my own library, I never used this, so I deleted it

hkk

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2006
what I actually use

I bought quite a few apps, but there are only a few that I actually use on a regular basis
- [app]Wurdle[/app] (Boggle clone, I am pretty addicted to it)
- [app]Subway Shuffle[/app] (fantastic puzzle game)
- [app]Ambiance[/app]
- [app]Things[/app] (amazing Todo list, probably only worth it for Mac users who can sync to the desktop version. I use this all the time)
- [app]Airsharing[/app] (I got this for free and think 6.99$ is a bit steep)
- [app]Byline[/app] (RSS reader, seems to work well so far)

Apps I wish I had not bought:
- [app]Moto Chaser[/app] (sure, it is just 0.99$ now, but I found the controls so frustrating that I deleted it after minutes)
- [app]Enigmo[/app] (I bought it for 9.99$, which now feels like a rip-off. The game is mostly well done, but I just find the controls too finicky and frustrating)

My own app:
- [app]Juxtaposer[/app] (highly recommended :) )

I bought a bunch of photography apps to check out what the competition is doing. I don't use any of them except for [app]Face Melter[/app] and [app]Picoli[/app], but it doesn't feel right to put them into the "wish I had not bought them" category since I normally wouldn't have bought them anyway.

slimpaul

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2007
I regret buying X-Plane, but I asked Apple for a refund
I've never seen an app that would be this boring. All the free apps out there are more entertaining than this one.

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
I just wanted to say that I find these lists extremely useful!
I just went and purchased Enigmo after hearing reviews here, as well as due to the price drop and just have to say that this is a COOL App! :D I'm extremely enjoying this game so far! So, keep those likes/dislikes coming...maybe something else will intrigue me enough :p :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.