iPhone Apps with Icloud Drive support

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by AppleDavid, Sep 27, 2014.

1. AppleDavid macrumors regular

AppleDavid

Hello i upgraded to Icloud Drive and os x yosemite public beta 3 and I would ask you if you can post down the apps that are supported or enabled with Drive?

Thanks

David

2. epphllps macrumors 6502

I don't mean to intrude but I also have a question about iCloud Drive and app support.

I still have my iPad on 7.1.2 bc it's jailbroken. If I upgrade my 6 to iCloud Drive, will apps that I use on my iPad no longer sync between my phone and my iPad?

Examples: games such as boom beach, World Series of poker and apps like 1password and anything else that syncs between devices.

I'm usually pretty intelligent on these matters, but on drive I'm rather out of touch.

3. RollingStoner macrumors newbie

I'm an avid user of the Goodreader App, and had an extensive iCloud library of files on iCloud that I used for work. The second I upgraded to iCloud drive on my 6+ everything is gone, and iCloud sync doesn't work anymore. I have the same issue after installing the Goodreader update that uses iCloud drive.

It seems that everything I had stored (20gb of files) pre iOS 8 is gone. How can this be?!?!

Apple has really let me down lately on the software and cloud services categories.

4. Mike Boreham macrumors 65816

Take a look at the three Readdle apps, Documents, PDF Expert and Scanner pro.

I think they are ahead of the field at the moment, but I think this is a fast moving area, and may not be true for long.

Readdle creates a folder on the iCloud Drive, which can hold any type of file. The same folder appears in iCloud Drive and on the iPhone, with contents sync'd. You can add files on the Mac or the iPhone.

PDF Expert can open (at least) Pages, Numbers PDF docs on the iPhone by converting them to PDF. Not tried docx and xlsx but would be surprised if not.

Not perfect, but I think ahead of the game at the moment.

5. AppleDavid thread starter macrumors regular

AppleDavid

6. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

7. twowinns macrumors member

How do you access your documents from your phone? Is there a new iCould Drive app?

8. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Its app driven, the app that uses the file lets you load it via the picker. There is no finder for iPhone and more than likely won't be.

9. twowinns macrumors member

Thanks. That seems stupid to me. Drop Box at least has an app to open and get all your stored docs, photos, etc.

10. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Nothings stopping you from making an app that does the same thing for iCloud Drive.