Apps won't install on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thisisarcadia, May 6, 2009.

1. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

I keep getting an error message when trying sync apps on my iphone and my computer is authorized! Any suggestions to this problem?

2. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

3. thisisarcadia thread starter macrumors 6502

This is what the error message says

Attached Files:

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Have you tried unauthorising the computer, through iTunes, then reauthorising it?
    Edit - How big's the Sim city app? Did you download it on the iPhone? (just i have a recolleciton of another thread having issues with syncing a large app (myst i think )that they'd downloaded onto their iPhone, and then tried to sync with itunes.)
    Maybe also try deleting Sim app if it's a large app, doing the unauthorise, reauthorise above, then downloading the app through itunes, and then sync through itunes again.

5. thisisarcadia thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes i tried that already and the same thing comes up! i think im just going to download them again and see it that works

6. thisisarcadia thread starter macrumors 6502

I dont know whats wrong ive tried a lot of ways looked at different forums and am still having trouble any ideas?

7. cruelmemory macrumors member

Reauthorizing your iPhone

Sometimes I've run into issues where attempting to launch an app quits out to the home screen on application launch. I've found that reauthorizing your iPhone resolves the issue in most instances. you can reauthorize from the iPhone by doing the following:

- Go into Settings->General->Reset
    - Press the "Reset All Settings" button. This will reset your home screen layout and the default applications ("No data or media will be deleted").
    - Wait for the reset to complete.
    - Open the App store on the iPhone and download any free application. You will now be prompted for a username and password. Make sure the username and password match the iTuness AppleID you are using on your computer.

That's it. Now any applications that would not launch previously should launch and because the phone is reauthorized with the same account info that is on your computer, it should sync without a problem:cool:

8. patriickxxv macrumors newbie

My friend lend me his account for me to download apps for free. But then, I finally made my personal account. But when I download an app, his email/iTunes account is still appearing. How will i be able to change that?

*If I sync my iPhone with a PC, will it delete the apps I downloaded using wifi?
    thanks for your help. :D:apple: