Apps won't load about 50% of time

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by pshady, May 14, 2015.

1. pshady macrumors regular

Hi all- love the watch but my experience is that 3rd party apps or glances won't update about 50% of the time I try. Do I have a defective watch? Any suggestions for fixes? Or is this about everyone else's experience? Thanks!

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

watch is fine. Apple needs to update the watch OS. I don't even use 3rd party apps right now or glances (except for heart beat, battery, music controls)

3. sidebox macrumors member

sidebox

What apps? I have only had it a day, but so far NYT, HUE, Dark Sky, Slack, Instagram have worked all day without any failure.

4. pshady thread starter macrumors regular

All apps. But I just noticed if I force close all apps via the multitasking view on the iPhone the apps load more consistently. Has something to do that it seems. Anyone else?

5. Maddux4163 macrumors member

Honestly can't say I've had that issue with apps. I frequent apps like ESPN and a couple others.

6. Tycho24 macrumors 68020

Tycho24

Good troubleshooting!
    That makes sense... since the Watch is currently 100% reliant on the iPhone, if the iPhone gets sluggish because of too many apps running... or some of the apps are unresponsive, that would have to translate to the Watch. I would highly recommend closing all background apps & seeing if it sorts itself out.

7. pshady thread starter macrumors regular

Holding true...

So, I'm quitting apps on the iphone now, and my Apple Watch apps and glances are MUCH faster and now load 95% of the time without fail. There is something here...... I hope it improves over time because it's a pain to have to quit apps.

8. gusping macrumors 6502

I had this a lot, was one of the many reasons I took my watch back