Apps won't load about 50% of time

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by pshady, May 14, 2015.

1. pshady macrumors regular

Mar 10, 2005
    Hi all- love the watch but my experience is that 3rd party apps or glances won't update about 50% of the time I try. Do I have a defective watch? Any suggestions for fixes? Or is this about everyone else's experience? Thanks!
  2. Armen macrumors 604

Apr 30, 2013
    watch is fine. Apple needs to update the watch OS. I don't even use 3rd party apps right now or glances (except for heart beat, battery, music controls)
  3. sidebox macrumors member

May 4, 2009

What apps? I have only had it a day, but so far NYT, HUE, Dark Sky, Slack, Instagram have worked all day without any failure.
  4. pshady thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 10, 2005
    All apps. But I just noticed if I force close all apps via the multitasking view on the iPhone the apps load more consistently. Has something to do that it seems. Anyone else?
  5. Maddux4163 macrumors member

Apr 22, 2015
    Honestly can't say I've had that issue with apps. I frequent apps like ESPN and a couple others.
  6. Tycho24 Suspended

Aug 29, 2014
    Good troubleshooting!
    That makes sense... since the Watch is currently 100% reliant on the iPhone, if the iPhone gets sluggish because of too many apps running... or some of the apps are unresponsive, that would have to translate to the Watch. I would highly recommend closing all background apps & seeing if it sorts itself out.
  7. pshady thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 10, 2005
    Holding true...

So, I'm quitting apps on the iphone now, and my Apple Watch apps and glances are MUCH faster and now load 95% of the time without fail. There is something here...... I hope it improves over time because it's a pain to have to quit apps.
  8. gusping macrumors 6502

Mar 12, 2012
    London, UK
    I had this a lot, was one of the many reasons I took my watch back