apps won't open/cannot restore iphone 4 jb on ios5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mutantblack, Dec 30, 2011.

1. mutantblack macrumors regular

Hi,
    I am desperately in need of helps. I updated my phone 4 to ios 5 while preserving the baseband with custom firmware. Everything went through fine and working all jb apps and app store apps till last night. I installed atomic web browser and it will open and then crash instantly. I uninstall and reinstall with no luck. So I deleted it. After that none of my 3rd party apps are working. I cannot open them. They will just show splash screen and then quit but all the built in apps such as camera, messages etc are still working fine.

-I tried to take out all the apps through itunes and resync with no luck.
    -I tried to restore it through itunes but it just keep giving me 1600 error even though I already put the phone in pwned dfu mode.
    -I tried to restore with official firmware(knowing the baseband will get updated) and it gave me error 11.
    -Also tried to change the host file and put back the original without luck.
    -I tried reset the network and all settings. Still doesn't work.
    -I tried to erase all content and settings but the phone just keep crashing and giving me endless spinning wheel. ( have to hard reboot)
    -install random app from itunes to fix but no luck.
    -changed itunes password.

So I have tried all the possible way of fixing the problem but nothing is working. Can you guys help me fix it? Thanks a lot.

2. mutantblack thread starter macrumors regular

I have already jb mine. Now I just want to restore it back to factory setting to fix the problems. I am trying with both factory firmware and custom firmware but no luck. itunes keep throwing out errors 11 or 1600. I tried to bypass by using pwned dfu and rReb. Still won't work. I tried different computer as well.

3. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

May i ask what version of iTunes you are using? Download the latest version, and try again.

4. mutantblack thread starter macrumors regular

itune is already on latest one. Thank you. 10.5.2

5. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

Do a fresh install with iTunes then if you dont mind the BB beeing upgraded.
    Then JB again, and stay away from that app. And download latest version of RedSnow which is at : 0.9.10b3 right now i think, and then jb..

6. mutantblack thread starter macrumors regular

I already tried fresh install as well and no luck. itune will just gives out error. I tried that already before I've posted. At this point, I just want to get the phone works.

7. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

If everything has been tested and not working, then it might be hardware error.
    Take it to a Apple store near you, and let them look at it for you..

8. mutantblack thread starter macrumors regular

I finally fixed it. 3rd computer is a charm. I lost my unlock but finally got it working. Thanks for all your help Junkydog.

9. c5sa macrumors newbie

Same issue :(

Hi I’m having exactly the same problem with my iPhone :rolleyes: couldn't solve it yet :( could you explain how I should connect it to third computer! ​