Apps won't quit in Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Big_Baby_D, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Big_Baby_D macrumors member

I installed Leopard on my macbook and now when I tell my programs to quit they stay active in the dock and I can't re-open them until I restart the computer. This seems to really only happen with internet programs like Safari, iChat, etc. I tried an Archive and Install twice and it is still happening. I don't really want to backup everything just to do a clean install and it still might not work! Any thoughts?

2. billmister macrumors 6502

You know funny you mention this.. This hapend to me as well. It only happend 2 times. Once with mail.. as when i would click the red circle to close it, it wouldnt but it would minimize if i did the yellow circle... Also for my ichat, when i woke my computer, i switched ichat from offline to available and it just stood thenre ... theni had to quit application and then it was fine... weird.. BTW i did upgrade, i have 2 partitions one is my time machine, and the other is random back up things i don't want on my hard drive or idvd movies... ANyone else?.. should i do a erase and install?

3. bradword macrumors newbie

I have the same issue. 1st Gen intel iMac. 1.5 gigs of ram. Did an archive install of 10.5 and for me, almost no apps will quit and let me back in until a reboot. It makes the computer more or less unusable. Anyone have some ideas?

What I have done:

Repaired permissions and repaired disk
    fsck -f in single user mode.
    Zapped p-ram

4. Mauidan macrumors newbie

Same problem here. 17" Macbook Pro, 2GB, 160GB - only one partition. Leopard also failed to find my hard drive during install the first time around. I also can't restart without just turning if off manually since the applications won't quit and logout times out.

5. Big_Baby_D thread starter macrumors member

UPDATE:
    I ended up backing up everything and doing an erase and clean install and everything is working now. It sucks that I have to install everything all over again, but at least it is working now.

6. Mauidan macrumors newbie